- Poetry: Up to three poems. There are no line limits; nor are there form requirements.
- Fiction: Up to 2000 words. Submit no more than one piece of fiction per submissions period.
- Creative non-fiction: Up to 2000 words. Submit no more than one piece of creative nonfiction per submissions period.
- Artwork & Photography: 5 pieces maximum. All artwork or photos must be submitted electronically in .png format. They must be able to be printed in both black & white and color.
Please include a cover page with your name, the title of the work, a contact email address and previous publication credits (if any) and a brief biography. Your name should not appear anywhere else except this cover page and your pages should be numbered. If you are submitting work for extra credit in a class please include the name of the professor and the class.
All submissions should be sent in electronically to:
What We Are Looking For
- Uses original imagery and language without reliance on clichés.
- Balances abstract with concrete and ideas with details.
- Challenging, yet accessible to the reader.
- Shows an economy of language; clear and concise.
- Exhibits complex character development.
- Shows careful, even pacing.
- Moves beyond the predictable and formulaic.
- Offers thematic tension.
- .Imaginative presentation of truth; strong reportage.
- Well-written prose, rich in detail with engaging voice and style.
- Interesting central question, focus or observation, which offers an informational quality or element; something to learn from or meditate upon.